Caron Simply Soft Light
Caron Simply Soft Light



I'm moving up with the pros, trying out lighter weight yarns ever since my local craft store brought in a new product line: Caron Simply Soft Light. I'll be a beginner pro in no time. (I've read that modern crochet fashion is going with the finer yarns instead of the bulkier look.)

Typically, I'd say that over 85% of the yarns in American department stores are the bulkier ones (medium, bulky, and superbulky). Finer yarn is in very limited selections here; try baby colors or sock yarn for the most part, no thanks. These stores need to catch up with the times. (Like it would be cool to have a sport weight or dk cotton blend in our stores.) I've never seen a yarn specialty store in my vicinity. (A specialty yarn shop might be helpful but also very pricey.)



Caron Simply Soft Light




Since I really like Caron Simply Soft in medium size I was really giddy to try out the new Caron Simply Soft Light. I think it's the American version of dk weight. It feels lighter to me though. I'd say it was more like sport weight unless I'm mistaken. Crochets with ease. I just hope that this product line is successful so that Caron will add a lot more color selection.