A few years back I had this chevron design hat & scarf knit set from JcPenneys.  It was my favorite.  I would get compliments and a lot of stares when I wore that hat. It had so many odd color combinations.  I no longer have it because I decided to throw the set away.  The hat got stretched all out of shape because I wore it so many times over about two years. This year I started to really miss that hat. I was so surprised to find a knitter's blog with a strikingly similar design. I hope they don't mind that I share it here:  http://www.annettepetavy.com/blog/2011/ida/

Yearning for my dear lost hat is what led my heart to the crochet & knit books this year. 'If only I could knit', I thought. I could remake the hat. This is where my journey began to learn needleworks. I'll see how far it takes me. (written 3/27/11)